The perfect invite:
Car & Truck Party Decorations
- Use plenty of toy cars and trucks to decorate the party area. If you have access to larger toy trucks, consider using them to hold the birthday child’s gifts until he or she opens them.
- Set out a toy race track and matchbook cars on one of the tables in the party area.
- Hang a banner on your front door that says “Get Revved Up For [child’s name]’s Birthday Party!”. See our Personalized Car Banners for inspiration!
- Make signs out of construction paper that say things like “Start Your Engines!”, “Curvy Road Ahead”, and “Catch a Ride!”.
- Use sidewalk chalk to draw a road on your driveway. Allow your guests to draw cars, trucks, trees, and signs on the road during the party.
- Check with your local public works department to see if they will loan you street barriers, a “Road Closed” sign, a “Detour” sign, or orange traffic cones that you can set out during the party. You can purchase toy traffic cones to use as table decorations.
- Create a large car or truck from an empty appliance box. Use an X-Acto knife to cut out a few windows, and paint the box in your child’s favorite color. Cut out four equally-sized circles from a sheet of cardboard, spray paint them black, and glue them onto the sides of the box to create wheels. If desired, you can turn this into a party activity by handing out washable markers and letting your guests decorate the box. Either way, it will be a great place to take pictures of your guests!
- Place a plain, white, disposable tablecloth on the floor of the party area or across a table. Use black markers to draw roads going in different directions across the tablecloth. Add stop signs, yield signs, traffic lights, etc., using bright-coloring markers. Set a number of toy cars and trucks on the road and allow your guests to play with them during the party. https://www.birthdayinabox.com/pages/cars-trucks-party